Saturday, April 16

Got gas?

Well, I guess it's technically diesel, not gas... but either way we were running low. We used diesel all winter to keep ourselves toasty and so it was time to fill 'er up. Of course it's not quite like hopping in the car and running down to the 76... its more like getting 11 friends together, planning a day, and pushing out to the Chevron. Really... we fill up at a Chevron.

It was a good day. I'd love to say we pushed off without incident, but... I can't lie to you all. I forgot to take our freshwater hose off the boat while getting underway. It was wrapped around a cleat on the boat, and hooked up to the spigot on the pier. I stretched it taut and it started pulling me towards another boat. Oooops! Matt and I noticed, and he ran aft and untied it and threw it towards the dock. Safe, for now. We'll worry about that one later. We cruised up to Morrison's Northstar Marine for the fill up. I guessed we'd need 200 gallons of fuel to re-stock from the winter, but I was wrong. We only needed 198 gallons. 0.6 BUs. Wheee! Actually it cost a lot less than I thought.

After fueling up we set sail to cruise lake Wasington. What a great afternoon. It was a little chilly, but still nice to be out.


Cap'n Tom and Ken Posted by Hello


Brandon enjoying the chilly bow. Posted by Hello


Nate, Steve, Aileen and Paul Posted by Hello

I love just cruisin around, watching the world go by, hangin out with friends. And the pilothouse is fun, but I do like to go out on the bow myself and enjoy the breeze, which is why it's nice to have another competent boater aboard to take the helm.


Cap'n Matt and Cabin Boy Nate. Posted by Hello

After cruisin around for a few hours we headed back in to meet up with Jessi and hit Buca Di Beppo for dinner, leading to a night on the town.


Heading home. That flag sometimes means you need a tow, but I fly it because it's a nautical "T" for Tom! Yay ego! Posted by Hello

Thank god Jessi and Megan met us at the dock. They pulled the fresh water hose out of the lake so it didn't get tangled in the screws, and they received our lines, making the landing very smooth!

Another great day, making me look forward to many more this spring and summer.

-Tom

p.s. Note from Jessi: If you're wondering where I was... ahem, well... I was getting my haircut. I had an appointment with this stylist who's always booked, and so I couldn't cancel, because who knew when I'd get another appointment! What was that about me not being that kind of girl?

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom (& Jessi)

Over the last day or two I've read through your whole blog starting from day 1. It was fun to read because there's a dramatic arc, and Tom I see your sense of humor is still intact from college days. I am terrified by the concept of "boat units" and "blige pumps" but it's great to see you guys chasing a dream and I hope you keep the blog going! I have a friend who lives in an Airstream RV and I think some similar issues arise re: small living quarters, maintainence, etc. But in an Airstream the bathroom is still called "the bathroom." I'm going to start calling it the head though.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you need a pre-underway checklist smarty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home