Saturday, January 22

An evening with Rod Serling

Friday night. I awoke with a start. I didn't know why, but I threw my blanket off and started to get out of bed. The fog cleared from my head and I realized that I had woken up because the boat was rocking. A lot. I had never felt it rock like that, not even at sea, not even with a heavy wind blowing. It was 1:30 in the morning. The boat was rolling so much I had to hold onto my bedside table to stand up. I tried to find my glasses so I could run out to the bow to see what was going on. By the time I got upstairs there was nothing to see. A few normal waves, and the boat was barely moving. Really bizzarre. I swore Nessie would be out there nuzzling up to the boat in some Scottish mating ritual.

I hopped back in bed, told Jessi (who had also been woken up by the rolling boat) there was nothing out there, and tried to go back to sleep. But I couldn't shake the bizzare rocking of the boat. As I was lying there in bed I noticed some sirens wailing. Then some more, and they didn't go away. Wierd. Then we heard a helicopter. I had the sinking feeling in my stomach that the world around me was changing rapidly - like something big was happening out there. I got up, Jessi joined me, and we went out to the bow to look. We saw some police lights zip by across the lake, and a helicopter circling overhead. But no indication of what was going on. Still no Nessie, and everything seemed normal. After about 10 minutes the helicopter left and there were no more sirens.

So, we went to bed. Nothing on the news, nothing on the internet, no fuzzy photos or anything. Even today, no indication of what happened. We thought maybe an earthquake... but I guess it was just a (BIG) boat zipping by causing waves, (coincidentally) followed by crooks zipping by causing sirens. But if anyone out there has any other ideas, we'd love to hear 'em.

-Tom

3 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is so important to bring a high quality long lasting source of vitamin C when crossing the ocean,

good luck mel and tom on your journy

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

get your hands off my sister you dirty rat squndrel

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah what would it cost to say ah borrow your boat for a quick run into interntaional waters?

Roscoe P Goldchain
312-867-5309

 

Post a Comment

<< Home