Saturday, March 18

Sihanoukville, Cambodia - Islands

Our first night in Sihanoukville we met a really cool Canadian couple named Nashib and Maria. We had a few drinks with them, and decided to join them the next day for a tour of the islands lying off the coast.


We took this boat to reach the islands.


Once there, we spent the morning doing a whole lotta nothing.


Happy campers


For lunch, our guide cooked us up some FRESH barracuda he had just caught that morning.


We ate lunch with our group around a little palapa on the beach. It was one of the best meals I had on the entire trip!


In the afternoon Tom, Nashib, Maria and I wandered off down a trail that led through the center of the island, to another beach.



And then we wandered around on that beach too.


Like I said, busy days. Busy busy days.



There was even a little palapa bar on the beach, so we had a couple beers before heading back to the mainland.


We heart Cambodia!

- Jessi

2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tom and Jessi,

my name's Esther and I'm a student visiting Cambodia for a couple of months. I am really interested n the Snake House in Sihanoukville and was wondering if by any chance you knew the name of the guy who owns it, I think it's Nickolai something...? My email is esthermclaren@gmail.com, if you can help. Thanks! Keep enjoying your travels.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Jessi and Tom said...

Hi Esther,
Sorry, but we do not know the owner. It's a wacky place though, and you certainly don't need to know the owner to check it out...
-Jessi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home